Thursday, March 4, 2010

Margarita Pizza!!! Yummo!!!

I happen to LOVE margarita pizzas!!! I tried one for the first time last year while on a girl’s trip to Dallas and I am HOOKED. I have yet to find a margarita pizza that taste as good as the one in Dallas, so I thought I would try to make one :) I have never made pizza before but it turned out AMAZING It will be added to our regular list of meals. For those of you who don’t know what a Margarita Pizza is, I will include the recipe. I highly suggest making one. Kennedy and I had fun and it was pretty easy. I will warn you that you need a pizza stone. I have had mine for a couple years and this is my first time using it. My stone is a pampered chef stone (thank you Grandma) but any will work.



This is the recipe: The sauce is really the only part that you have to make. I made mine the night before while the kiddos were sleeping.
Basic Tomato Sauce:
Ingredients:
tablespoon olive oil
1/2 red onion, small dice
4 tablespoons minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons red wine
1 (28-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes
Directions for Sauce:
Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add the basil leaves, red wine, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool the sauce before using it to make pizza.

Ingredients:
Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
All-purpose flour for dusting
3 cup Tomato Sauce,
recipe follows 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Fresh basil leaves
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin rounds
Cornmeal, for stone
Special equipment: Pizza stone
Directions for Pizza:
Place a pizza stone in the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F, allowing the stone to get hot.
Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface into approximately an 8 to 10-inch round and 1/4-inch thick. Ladle the sauce onto the dough and spread it over top, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge. Top with the tomatoes, oregano, some basil leaves and mozzarella rounds. Carefully remove the pizza stone from the oven, and dust with the cornmeal. Place the pizza on top of the stone and pop the whole thing in the oven. Bake until crust is golden and the cheese has melted, about 10-15 minutes.
What are some of your favorite recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment