Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Kitchen

This is where we have spent the majority of our time. As soon as we were done painting we began knocking out the glass tile backsplash. We went with a 2” slate tile which was a PAIN to work with, but it looks AMAZING. I took these pictures at night so it looks a little blah.


THE BEFORE:


THE AFTER:



THE BEFORE: This is the center island. Notice the backsplash and the hardware are now different.


THE AFTER:


THE BEFORE:We picked this backsplash because it matched the countertops, the wall color, and the wood.





This is a close-up of our new hardware.


This picture is above the sink. The new 2" blinds (they are throughout the house). I will be blogging about all of my handmade curtains later, this is one of them.



Our chairs were getting a little yucky because of the little ones, so I reupholstered them to match all of my other stuff.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good! No wonder why you've been MIA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Corie! Thanks for following my blog, and I am looking forward to meeting you at playgroup!

    I love your house projects. I have to admit, when I first read that you were taking out glass tiles, I was a little suspicious. But the photos sold me. That slate looks SOO much better - I had to check that you didn't do new countertops, too. You should check out my friend Crystal's blog (themaushouse). She has done similar redecorating.

    I am soon going to attempt to make inverted pleat valances. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete